Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weeping Grave

This is me just playing around with words to make you feel something -

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader—not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon." - E.L. Doctorow

A warm tear slowly rolled down my cheek, as I placed the flowers on her grave stone. I felt as if I could never be happy again. The feeling of guilt filled up inside me, even though I know I had nothing to do with her death. Clouds appeared, covering the sun, and it started to rain. I looked up above me, as cold rain hit me right in the face. I started to run over to a sheltered area, ducking the cold rain. I stopped when I got there, and turned around to watch the rain. Drop, drop, drop. Landing gently on the ground before me. I sit down on the cold concrete ground, looking back at her grave. She didn't deserve to die like this. I start to weap gently. I feel heavy in the air, and my head slumps down. I close my eyes, wishing her goodluck in her afterlife.

1 comment:

  1. OMG THIS WAS amazing! (in lowercase to add more emphasis)You should really consider going into writing or something of that nature! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete