Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I wonder...

Hey guys!
My good friend StellBelle made a blog! www.stellbelleblog.blogspot.com, and I saw this most amazing quote on it:

"We don't write what we know. We write what we wonder about." - Richard Peck.

This quote inspired me to write the following poem. This is dedicated to you StellBelle!

School teaches us important things,
like reading, writing and arithmetic.
But what we don't learn is just as important too,
to wonder and imagine about something new.

I wonder if the sun will rise in the morning,
and I awake, stretching and yawning.

I wonder if tomorrow will be a new day,
and I get through it, happy and safe.

I wonder if maybe, I write a new song,
and invite a good friend to come sing along.

I wonder if I might help out a friend,
through her struggles and tell her, "I'll be here 'til the end."

And maybe I might, learn the best thing of all,
that friendship plus success equals the golden rule:

Wondering are a part of life,
along with friends, until afterlife.


Related posts -
True Friend
What if?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are amazing. You are a true writer, you know how to write all aspects. Please keep on writing, you'll be doing us all a favour :)

    ReplyDelete