Saturday, December 18, 2010

EduBlogs Challenge #10 - Blog Audit

Well, this is it, the end of the EduBlogs Student Challenge for 2010.
This week, I have to create an Audit for my blog, answering some given questions.

  1. How many posts did you write: I wrote a total of 18 posts in the 2 and a half months that the Challenge went on for, including the posts for the Challenge.
  2. How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge: My blog is a home blog, so I had no school based posts. My own interest - 10, Set by the Challenge - 8 (One of the Challenges was to create a poll and last week was to prepare yourself for this weeks challenge, so I only actually had to write 8 posts.)
  3. How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students: Too many to count, and thank you to all those who did visit my blog and comment on it, I am very grateful.
  4. Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened: My most popular post at the ending of the Student Challenge was actually Peace, Love and a Few Simple Words. I think this was very popular, because it is a message I wrote to the readers. I was expressing my feelings, in terms of my writing to my readers. It is something different that I haven't really done before, but I was lucky, because it paid off.
  5. Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why: I have two. From my own personal interest, I chose The Toy Doll. When I wrote this, I could see it happening in mt mind, which I believe is one of the qualities to being a great and successful writer. For the Challenge, I chose The area in which I live in, because I learnt a lot about my home in the period of time in which I was writing it. I learnt how lucky I was to live in such a unique and wonderful place.
  6. Did you change blog themes at all and why: No, I didn't, because I wanted my blog to be recognisable when you log on to it. I like the theme I have chosen because it is not too distracting, because it is very simple.
  7. How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough: I have 13 widgets, which sometimes I think is too many. Some of them (like the search engine) I think are pretty important, and that should stay on my blog, but others I think maybe don't have to be there.

The second part of this challenge was to get the readers to answer some questions:

  1. What were your first impressions of this blog?
  2. What captured your attention?
  3. What distracted you on the blog?
  4. What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog?
Please answer in a comment below.

Thank you again for letting me be a part of such a fun challenge. I have definitely developed some blogging skills that I will use when writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment