Bold indicates what I have done and Italic indicates what I want to do.
1. Heard a kookaburra in person. (There are many in our garden)
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Seen a koala.
4. Visited Melbourne
5. Watched a summer thunderstorm.
6. Worn a pair of thongs.
7. Been to Uluru (Ayers Rock)
8. Visited Cape York.
9. Held a snake
10. Sang along with Khe San (is that Australian?)
11. Drank VB.
12. Visited Sydney
13. Have seen a shark.
14. Have used Aussie (and NZ) slang naturally in a conversation.
15. Had an actual conversation with an indigenous Australian.
16. Eaten hot chips from the bag at the beach.
17. Walked/climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. (Does being carried as a baby count?)
18. Used an outside dunny, and checked under the seat before sitting down.
19. Seen Chloe in Young & Jackson’s.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus.
21. Been to Sydney’s Mardi Gras
22. Have gone bush-bashing
23. Taken a sickie
24. Been to see a game of Aussie Rules football.
25. Have seen wild camels (only overseas)
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Done a Tim Tam Slam.
28. Ridden in a tram in Melbourne.
29. Been at an ANZAC day Dawn Service.
30. Held a wombat.
31. Been on a roadtrip of 800km or more
32. Seen the Great Australian Bight in person
33. Had a really bad sunburn.
34. Visited an Aboriginal community.
35. Seen a redback spider.
36. Have watched Paul Hogan. (NOT the guy from ‘Crocodile Dundee.’)
37. Seen Blue Poles in person.
38. Wandered barefoot in the bush/outback.
39. Eaten Vegemite. (I eat it every day!)
40. Thrown a boomerang. (But it didn’t come back…)
41. Seen the Kimberleys.
42. Given a hitch-hiker a lift.
43. Been to Perth.
44. Have tried Lemon, Lime and Bitters. ( I have it ALL the time!)
45. Tried playing a didgeridoo.
46. Seen dinosaur footprints.
47. Eaten Tim Tams.
48. Been to Darwin.
49. Touched a kangaroo.(Does it count if it’s still a Joey?)
50. Visted the Great Barrier Reef.
51. Listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson.
52. Killed a Cane Toad. (I know they are pesky, but how could you kill an innocent little toad?)
53. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
54. Have read and own books by Australian authors
55. Visited Adelaide.
56. Know the story behind “Eternity”.
57. Been camping.
58. Visited Brisbane.
59. Been in an outback pub.
60. Know what the term “Waltzing Matilda” actually means.
61. Gone whale watching.
62. Listened to Slim Dusty. (G’day G’day! How ‘ya going?)
63. Own five or more Australian movies or TV series.
64. Sang along to Down Under.
65. Have stopped specifically to look at an historic marker by the side of the road.
66. Eaten a 4′n’20 pie.
67. Surfed at Bondi.
68. Watched the cricket on Boxing Day.
69. Visited Hobart.
70. Eaten kangaroo. (Sadly, I have…)
71. Seen a quokka
72. Visited Canberra.
73. Visited rainforests.
74. Used a Victa lawnmower.
75. Travelled on a tram in Adelaide.
76. Used a Hills hoist.
77. Visited Kata Tjuta.
78. Used native Australian plants in cooking.
79. Visited the snow.
80. Chosen a side in Holden VS Ford. (GO FORD!)
81. Visited the desert.
82. Been water skiing.
83. Read The Phantom.
84. Visited Parliament House
85. Gone spotlighting or pig-shooting. (Who would shoot a pig?)
86. Crossed the Nullarbor.
87. Avoided swimming in areas because of crocodiles.
88. Listened to AC/DC.
89. Called someone a dag. (I get called it all the time!)
90. Voted in a Federal Election. (Too young…)
91. Have been swimming and stayed between the flags.
92. Had a possum in your roof. (Too often)
93. Visited the outback.
94. Travelled over corrugated roads.
95. Hit a kangaroo while driving
96. Been well outside any mobile phone coverage.
97. Seen an emu. (I saw like a million yesterday at Werribee zoo!)
98. Have woken to the smell of bushfires.
99. Subscribed to RRR.
100. Patted a pure-bred dingo.
101. Seen the Oils live.