Thursday, October 14, 2010

Take Flight

Recently I entered a competition in which I had to write a story starting with...

I was walking in the park with my family when I heard the sound of an eagle above me. I looked up to see the most tremendous bird I have ever seen. Its wings spread out, almost as far enough to hide the sun. Other birds fled, at the eagle’s magnificence. I watched the bird, as it flew over to a tree. In one of the branches, I could just make out a large nest, with three baby eagles, chirping for their mothers comfort. “Mum,” I said, tugging at her sleeve. “Look over there, in that branch.” She stood there with me, as we watched the bird feed and comfort her three young ones. “Isn’t that amazing?” Mum said, eyes attached to the beauty of those eagles. “It sure is,” I said. As we watched the birds, we knew that this was something truly magical. We watched the birds every movements, and before we knew it, the mother eagle had left her three little babies, hopeless and weak. As the mother flew away, we watched one of the baby birds try and fly off after her mother. Shock ran over me, as I could tell that this little bird is still yet to be taught how to fly. “No!” I screamed, as the bird fell from the nest, furiously flapping its wings. I ran to try and save the bird, being careful not to trip over my feet. Without looking where I was going, I found myself falling, face-first into the hard, rocky ground below. I looked up, searching for the baby bird, only to see it flying side-by-side with its mother. I smiled, as my mother called my name to leave. Now that is something you don’t see every day.

5 comments:

  1. I love this story and you have written it so well - I especially like the happy ending. Good luck in the competition!
    Bronny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a wonderful job of writing that! You added lots of details and it was very well written. Good luck on the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I wrote a post about you on my blog! Here's the URL:

    http://icubedellie.edublogs.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magnificent story! that is truly a good story of a baby bird learning how to fly. I wonder if the mother knew that they would fly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of you are so kind. It really makes my day when you tell me you like my work. :D

    ReplyDelete