Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Family

There is one thing in life, that we seem to forget how important it is, how much we need it, or how much we love it. But it's something that we can't live without, something that will love you back, something that will be there for you no matter what.
Your family is the most important thing in your life, whether you like it or not. They help you grow up, they turn you into something great, and they know that whatever you want to do with your life is the best thing you can do. They trust and care about you. When you love them, they'll love you back.
My family is sometimes strange, sometimes embarrassing, but I've learnt to put that all aside, and think about how lucky I am to have them right there with me, every step of the way.
My brothers have taught me logic, they have made me a smart person, and helped me to excel in school. They teach me things everyday about the world around me.
My dad taught me to be myself. To do what I love, and not let others get in the way of that. He taught me that being yourself is better than being someone else.
And my mum taught me how to live life to the best. She taught me to try whatever I want to try, to believe in my dreams and achieve them.

These four people have made me someone I am proud to be. Someone unlike anyone else. Someone different.
And these four people are the only people I love more than anything. They're strange, embarrassing and a bit quirky, and so am I, that's what makes us family. <3

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I am continually impressed at your depth of writing. It is truly fantastic. I hope you continue to enjoy writing it as much as I enjoy reading it.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete